Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Slow Growing Candles

Alicia sent me my latest project when I still lived in America.  Which would mean we're talking about March.  Which would mean I'm a crap craft blog partner.  But, on to the new news.

Al sent me some adorable teacups, a ceramic watering can, microwaveable soy wax, wicks, french vanilla scent and a link to design*sponge's teacup candle tutorial.  I had been eyeing this very project myself, and was stoked to have all the materials at hand and get started!

I hotglued the wicks to the candleholders. 

Team Awesome candle project


I need a new glue gun.  Mine is cute and pink but it's a little ridiculous to require a transformer to power a three inch long glue melter.

I melted the soy wax in the microwave, then allowed it to cool down to 140° to add the fragrance in.

Team Awesome candle project

Team Awesome candle project


I probably could have filled the watering can a little more, but I wasn't entirely confident the laws of physics would stay on my side and the hot wax wouldn't come bubbling out of the pouring spout.

All in all, this was a fun and very easy project and I'm thrilled with my three new candles! I almost always have a candle going in the kitchen and often one in the living room, as well. I'm looking forward to coming up with new vessels and scents and burning the midnight oil. Heh heh.

Team Awesome candle project

Team Awesome candle project


Look forward to a new Team Awesome Photo tomorrow!
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. How much wax did you have left over from the wax that I sent? I'm guessing probably a whole lot. They look so super cute, I'm glad you enjoyed this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crap ton. :) Thanks! I totally did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving all the fun ideas on your blog :)
    michelle

    ReplyDelete