I took this picture and then realized I had hard coat Mod Podge on hand, but I actually used paper Mod Podge and just didn't include it in the first photo of supplies.
The paper I used was 12x12 scrapbooking paper from one collection. For one of the books I was able to fold and use only one sheet. On the middle-sized book, I took one sheet of a striped pattern paper, cut it in half and covered the front and back cover about 3/4 of the way and left the spine uncovered. Once those dried, I added a polka-dot paper in the same colors to the spine. I think that one ended up being my favorite, even though a little sliver of the original red cover shows on the edges around the spine.
For the third book, which was the largest, I used two sheets of the same paper. I cut one piece down and covered the back cover, then trimmed the second piece to fit, overlapping the first page on the back, and did my best to match up the stripes. I added the embellishment to the spine on this book. It makes a very handsome trio of books!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, Jen has a fun new printable you're going to love!